ENGAGE is a platform for thought leadership and facilitated discussion that brings together influential and passionate young professionals in the Tucson region. Following Innovative Cities Day at Tenwest, we want to do a deep dive into building Tucson’s innovation economy and the concept of an innovation district. Come partake in this community conversation and learn more about fostering innovation in our community, what Tucson is doing to achieve this goal, who the relevant stakeholders are, and how an innovation district is one option to make it all happen. As an attendee, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in facilitated discussions to provide thoughts, feedback, opinions, and views on a vital discussion that could shape Tucson’s future.
- University of Arizona Center for Innovation/Tech Parks Arizona
- Center for the Future of Arizona
- Southern Arizona Leadership Council- International City/County Management Association
Panelists and Speakers:
- Mayor Jonathan Rothschild, City of Tucson
- Barbra Coffee, Director of Economic Initiatives, City of Tucson
- Dre Voelkel, Director of Events and Programming, Startup Tucson
- Carol Stewart, Associate VP for Tech Parks Arizona, UArizona
- Alex Rodriguez, COO Freefall Aerospace Inc
To attend, all participants must complete this application.
- Application deadline: November 17th
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance on a rolling basis up until the event
- Accepted applicants will receive an email outlining pre-reading assignments and background information on fostering innovative communities and innovation districts
Ticket includes event entry, appetizers, and drink tickets.
- Discover what our community is doing to foster innovation and create an innovation district
- Collaborate with peers to discuss young professionals’ role in building an innovative community
- Connect with community leaders and other professionals passionate about improving Tucson
What is TYP?
Tucson Young Professionals is a group of young business and community leaders focused on the attraction, retention, and promotion of young professionals in Tucson. Together we create a voice to help impact the development and growth of Tucson. Welcoming ages 21-45.
About our Co-hosts:
Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) is an organization that advocates for emerging leaders by connecting them with ideas, resources, and people to help them acquire the skills and awareness needed to be effective changemakers. Visit their website to learn more.
International City/County Management Association – UA Chapter (ICMA) is a local chapter of the ICMA organization. They’re dedicated to driving the advancement of professional local government through leadership, management, innovation, and ethics. Head over to ICMA’s website to learn more about the entire organization.
Startup Tucson a local nonprofit geared toward transforming Tuscon’s economy through entrepreneurship and innovation. Learn more about what they do and how they help our community on their website.